Surah Al Ikhlas is an important chapter of the Quran. Also, we can estimate the importance of this surah that it is part of our five-time prayer. So, we should know about the motive behind this surah and what Allah says to Muslims in this surah.
This article is all about the importance, benefits, virtues, and main theme of this surah.
Surah ikhlas meaning
The word ikhlas means “Purity”. Other names for Surah Ikhlas are Surah Tawheed and The Purity.
Likewise, Surah lkhlas meaning is that Allah is the only one and He has no partner. And all the praises are only for Allah. He is neither a parent nor a begotten child. And he is incomparable to anything.
Significance of Surah Al-Ikhlas
Do you know Surah e ikhlas is the 112th chapter of the Quran? There are four ayats in this surah. It is a Makki surah because it was revealed in Mecca and is present in the 30th juz of the Quran. In addition, I will tell you why this surah is so important;
- This surah is equivalent to one-third of the entire Quran Kareem.
- Although this surah is small, its meaning is extremely majestic. That’s why Allah made it a part of Namaz.
- If you repeat this surah as an additional prayer after their main prayer. Allah will grant you the goodness of this world and the hereafter
- In addition, repeated recital of it guards against accidents and dangers.
|Surah Name||Surah Al-Ikhlas (الْإِخْلَاص)|
|No. of Words||15|
|No. of Verses||4|
|No. of Letter||47|
1. Surah Ikhlas In Arabic
If you want to recite this surah in arabic you can read and save.
What is the main theme of Surah Ikhlas?
The oneness and unity of God are the main themes of surah e ikhlas. This surah was revealed to understand the context of ‘Aqeeda e Tawhid’. It defines Allah as the only one.
Nobody assists Him. He is everlasting. He has always been there. No one else should be worshipped but Him. These attributes make him unique. He is not anyone’s son. He also isn’t the parent of any. Consequently, this surah disproves and disavows all polytheism.
When and why was Surah Al-Ikhlas revealed?
Surah Al-Ikhlas was revealed in Mecca approximately in the period of 610-616AD. There is a reason behind the revelation of this surah.
It is supposed that it was revealed during the Quraysh Disagreement with the Prophet (P.B.U.H). When the Prophet (P.B.U.H) called them to worship and they questioned the attributes of Allah.
Surah Ikhlas Benefits
We all know that recitation of the Quran will benefit us in this life and hereafter. But some chapters are very important in terms of getting benefits and rewards. And this surah is also included in those chapters. Moreover, i will tell you how to take benefit from this surah;
- If you recite surah e Ikhlas one time, it will be equal to reciting one-third of the Quran Kareem.
- Forgiveness of your sins is possible through this surah.
- Reciting this surah will protect you from accidents and break any type of magic.
- Your desires will come true while reciting this surah.
- To end poverty, recite this surah.
Virtues of Surah Ikhlas
As this surah is short yet powerful surah. So, the rewards are also big for reciting it.
- If someone recites this surah 10 times, Allah will build a house for him in Jannah.
- Angles will be present on his death who will recite this surah more.
- Reciting this surah in your every prayer, your parents and children also be forgiven by Allah.
- You will attain Allah’s love which is a big reward.
Explanation of Surah Ikhlas
Here I will explain to you what ikhlas surah says.
In surah e Ikhlas Allah addressed his Prophet and told him to say to people that Allah is the only one. All praises are only for Allah. Allah is not the father of anyone you nor the children. No one can compete with Him. Here You can get more explanation of Tawhid.
As mentioned earlier, Surah al ikhlas is the important surah of the Quran. It is a short but still powerful surah having numerous benefits and rewards. So, every Muslim should recite it daily and memorize it to attain the love of Allah. in addition, It also makes your faith in Tawheed stronger.