Do you recite 4-Qul (Char Qul) before going to sleep Daily? In this article we will learn as there are many surahs and ayats that are very dear to Allah and also the rewards of these surah’s are big. Here, We will discuss what are qul 4 and their benefits. What are their virtues and how they are a source of blessings for us. Also we will discuss the importance of these surah’s in Islam.
4 Qul of Quran
The 4 Qul are the four specific surah’s from the Quran. They consist of 4-6 ayats. These are short but the most powerful surah’s in the Holy Quran. Moreover, the benefits and rewards of these surahs are countless.
The 4 Qul are the following surha’s;
- Qul Al Nas
- Qul Falak
- Qul Ikhlas
- Qul kafirun
Why are the 4 surah’s known as 4 Qul?
Qul is an Arabic word that means “say”. However, we are well aware that the Quran’s last Surah refers to the four Qul. These 4 Surahs all begin with the letter “Qul”. For this reason, the Quran’s four Suras are collectively referred to as the 4 Qul surah’s. The fact that every Muslim recites this Surah repeatedly should give you some idea of its importance.
Importance Of Reciting The Four Quls
These 4 Quls will rewards alot whenever we recite them. These are shiled protectors when reciting them. Also we are reminded through the Quran about the fear of Allah, protections from evils, and others.
4 Qul Surah
There are so many advantages and rewards in the 4 Qul itself for believers who recite them. Every surah has its benefits and importance in Islam. Moreover, we’ll discuss here basic details about these surahs.
|Kafirun “The Disbelievers”
|Surah Ikhlas “Sincerity”
|Surah Al-Falaq “The Daybreak”
|Surah An-Nas “Mankind”
- Firstly, I will tell you the significance of the al kafirun surah. The Surah al-Kafirun makes up one-fourth of the entire Quran. In Makkah, the Surah e Al Kafirun was revealed. The Surah teaches Muslims to maintain their faith in the face of anti-Islamic attitudes of non-Muslims in society.
If the non-Muslims refuse to accept the message of Islam, you should stop bothering them. And only follow the message of our Prophet (P.B.U.H) about this.
- Second surah is Surah Al-Ikhlas. The word ikhlas means “Purity”. This surah holds more importance because this surah is equal to one third of the Holy Quran. There are a total of five verses in this surah.
Surah Ikhlas is totally about Allah’s name and His attributes. That’s why this surah is named Surah e ikhlas. This surah only tells us about Allah Almighty and His loneliness.
- The third surah is named Surah Al-Falaq. There are a total of five verses in this surah. This surah supports getting the protection of Allah from the evil eye and black magic of his creation. Our Prophet S.A.W used to find protection from Allah after this surah was revealed.
- Last but not least, the fourth surah is Surah Al-Nas. It has a total of six ayats and it is the last chapter of the Quran. This surah guides us on how to ask Allah Almighty for protection from the evils of humans. And also the negative thoughts provoked by jins.
In short, these surah’s are fairly simple to recite, however, they impact excellent benefits. Because of this, every Muslim should recite these 4-Qul surah’s regularly. So that he may benefit from the blessings and virtues of these surah’s of the Holy Quran.
4 Qul benefits
The four Qul Surah’s are the most significant Islamic scriptures. Also, these surah’s are regarded as the surah’s of protection. So, here I will tell you how the surah’s give benefits us in our daily life. And also makes life better and calms down. We shall begin with the first of the four Surahs and then move on to the next one in order.
1. Surah Al Kafirun Benefits
A quarter of the Quran is composed in Surah Al-Kafirun. The benefits of reciting Surah Kafirun are based on a Hadith. According to the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H):
“Recite Surah al Kafirun when lying in bed because it purifies from Shirk”.
- It will protect you from shirk
- Protection for hole night
- Help for forgiveness
- Blessings for muslims
- Fulfil your desires
2. Surah Ikhlas
As I mentioned earlier this surah is all about Allah and His oneness. There are a lot of advantages to reciting Surah Ikhlas.
- You will gain Allah’s (SWT) affection.
- Safety from suffering and disaster.
- Additionally, it saves from shirk anybody who recites it in absolute sincerity to Allah.
However, if someone says surah Ikhlas three times during Salat. Although reading Surah Fatihah is equal to reciting the entirety of the Quran, it will not be sufficient. Because reciting surah Ikhlas is similar to reading one-third of the Quran.
3. Surah Falaq
The 113th chapter of the Quran is known as Surah Falaq. This surah is very beneficial for every Muslim. By reciting this Surah;
- Allah will protect you from evil eyes.
- Protection against black magic.
Also, our Prophet S.A.W used surah Nas and Surah Falaq for protection from black magic and evil eyes.
4. Surah Nas Benefits
Although both surah’s (Surah Nas and Surah Falaq) are recited for protection purposes. Let’s discuss surah nas benefits.
- It will protect you from jins
- Protect from evils
- It will protect you from harmful diseases
- Helps for mental cure
- Helps for physical cure
In summary, these surah’s shield you from evil, black magic, and things that could be dangerous. Just reading these beautiful verses could make someone happier. Those who regularly practice 4 Qul, will get both physical gifts like good health and spiritual benefits.
4 Qul in English
In this section we will discuss four Qul in english with and 4 qul transliteration.
1. Surah Al Kafirun English Translation
The first Qul is surah Kafirun that keeps us safe and protected from shirk. In the Quran Al-Kafirun is a Makki surah that lies in the 109th chapter.
You can recite, read and download this surah in Arabic, English translation and surah kafirun transliteration.
2. Surah Ikhlas Translation In English
Surah Al Ikhlas is Makki surah of the Quran lies in the 112th chapter. You can recite and download this surah in Arabic, English translation and surah ikhlas transliteration.
3. Surah Falaq With English Translation
Surah Falaq is makki surah and in Quran lies in the 113th chapter. You can recite and download this surah in Arabic, English translation and surah falaq transliteration.
4. Surah Nas Translation In English
Surah Nas is Madani surah and in the Quran lies in the 114th chapter. You can recite and download this surah in Arabic, English translation and surah an nas transliteration.
Rewards for reciting 4-Qul
As we all know the entirety of the Quran serves as a comprehensive guideline for its readers. However, some chapters are more important than others, and we should be aware of them. At the end of this very holy book, there are four short portions. These surah’s are very important due to the rewards and virtues of reciting them.
Now I am going to discuss the virtues of 4 Qul in Islam one by one.
Virtues of surah Al-Kafiroon
- Recite Surah Al-Kafiroon and then go to bed when it is finished since it is purification from shirk.
- It is equivalent to a martyr’s death if someone passes away after reciting this surah.
- Before going to bed, recite this Surah to ensure your safety the whole night.
The parents must encourage their children to recite this Surah after them before bed.
Virtues of Surah Al-Ikhlas
When it comes to elaborating the concept of Allah’s Oneness, Surah Ikhlas are the ones that are most frequently quoted. Virtues of these verses are following;
- Its recital is equivalent to reciting a third of the Holy Quran.
- According to Hadith “Allah will provide a home in paradise for whoever recites (Qul Hu Allahu Ahad) 10 times”.
- Anyone who recites this Surah just once. He will receive a reward equal to ten times the number of persons who accepted Islam as their religion.
Virtues of Surah Al-Falaq
This Surah instructs believers to begin their prayers by addressing the Almighty Allah that will protect them. The virtues of this surah are
- Before Surah Falaq and Surah Naas were revealed, the Prophet (PBUH) sought protection from both the jinn and the evil eye. He used them once they were sent down and left other ones.
- One riwaayah states, “Recite these two Surahs (Surah Falaq and Nas) before going to sleep and after waking up.”
- Anyone who recites this Surah throughout the holy month of Ramadan; will receive the reward for undertaking Hajj and Umrah as if he had fasted in Makah.
Virtues of Surah Al-Nas
The surah Nas instructs a du’a to ask Allah for protection from any threats that originate from the inner self. The virtues of surah Nas are;
- According to Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (RA), “Whoever recites this Surah in his home each night will be protected from Jinnaat and the evil schemes of Shaytan”.
- Nothing compares to these two (qul auzu birabbin falak surah and Surah Nas) for a refugee seeker.
In summary, “Four Qul” are particularly significant in terms of the advantages they bring to believers. So, we should make a habit to recite the surahs daily especially before going to bed.
Hadith on Surah Al-Kafiron and AL-ikhlas
The Prophet (S.A.W) said to his companions,
“Would it be difficult for any of you to recite a third of the Quran in a single night?”, because they found this recommendation to be challenging, they stated, “O Allah’s Messenger (S.A.W.), who among us possesses such authority?”
The Prophet of Allah said, “Allah (the) One, the All-Sufficient Master, Whom all Creatures need”.
According to a narrator, Ibn ‘Umar said:
I observed the Prophet (S.A.W) for a month. He used to recite the following verses in the two Rak’ah prior to Fajr: “Say: Oh you non-believers!” and “Say: Allah is One.”
Hadith on Surah Falaq and Nas
Hazrat Ayesha (R.A) said:
Whenever Allah’s Messenger (P.B.U.H) became sick, he would recite Mu’awwidhat (Surah Falaq and Surah Nas) and then blow his breath over his body.
I used to recite (these two Suras) and rub his hands over his body, when He started to get really sick in the hopes that it would bring him benefits.
4 Qul Calligraphy
The art of writing or painting 4-Qul is very famous in Pakistan. The walls are painted to write char Qul on it. It makes it easier to recite to everyone who sees the 4-Qul wall art. Also the 4-qul painting calligraphy has its importance because people buy the paintings and hang them in their houses to get protection from Allah.
Here is the latest collection of art work . You can check here 4-Qul art work.
As we understand the importance of 4-Qul in Islam very well. It is very easy to memorize and recite these powerful surah’s. The surah’s offer significant advantages and countless benefits. So, we should recite more frequently as Muslims. It will benefit us both now and on judgement day.